Catasauqua Press

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Charotin Hose Co. Fire Calls

Thursday, August 30, 2012 by The Press in Local News

North Catasauqua's Charotin Hose Company has responded to the following calls recently.

Fire alarm

Aug. 2, 2:34 a.m.

Charotin firefighters responded to St. Lawrence Church at 1001 Second St. for an automatic fire alarm in the early morning hours. Personnel on location found a malfunction in the alarm, most likely due to a low battery. Firefighters cleared the scene within 10 minutes.

Fire alarm

Aug. 2, 10:50 a.m.

North Catasauqua personnel responded to 144 Front St., Catasauqua, with the Catasauqua Fire Department, for a residential fire alarm. The caller had reported hearing a smoke alarm sounding but was unsure from which apartment the alarm sounding.

Kitchen fire

Aug. 4, 6:08 p.m.

Charotin firefighters responded to the 1200 block of Fifth Street for a dwelling fire. The caller had reported seeing smoke coming from a residence. Personnel from Catasauqua and Northampton fire departments and Northampton Regional EMS were also dispatched as automatic mutual aid on the first alarm.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a pan of oil had been on fire on the stove. The fire was extinguished before firefighter's arriving on scene. The fire did not spread to the rest of the kitchen. A smoke condition in the residence was ventilated using a fan. Firefighters cleared the scene shortly thereafter.