Catasauqua Press

Monday, July 22, 2019

Charotin Hose Co. Fire Calls

Thursday, October 18, 2012 by The Press in Local News

North Catasauqua's Charotin Hose Company responded to the following calls recently.

Gas leak

Aug. 14, 2:57 p.m.

Charotin firefighters responded with the Northampton Fire Department for a gas leak and odor investigation in the area of East Fourth Street and Howertown Road in Northampton. Northampton Regional EMS was also on the assignment.

Firefighters checked the area and found a small leak at the curb. UGI was requested to come the scene and the gas leak was confirmed. The UGI representative reported the leak had been previously identified and would be repaired quickly.

Structure fire

Aug. 19, 12:29 p.m.

North Catasauqua Fire Department was requested to respond to Newhard's Pharmacy at 1001 Main St., Northampton, for a commercial structure fire. Initial units responding from the Northampton Fire Department responded to the pharmacy for an automatic fire alarm and upgraded the assignment to a commercial structure fire after finding an odor of something burning in the building.

Before responding, firefighters on scene found the cause and Charotin's engine was held at the station.

EMS assist

Aug. 21, 12:42 p.m.

North Catasauqua firefighters responded to the Slovak Center for an EMS assist along with Northampton Regional EMS. Paramedics Paramedics arrived on location to treat a fall victim and needed help with a critical patient. Firefighters assisted with patient packaging and removal from the building's basement.

EMS assist

Aug. 22, 12:17 p.m.

Charotin firefighters responded to the North Catasauqua Medical Center for an unconscious male. The patient reportedly had donated blood earlier in the day and didn't eat, then lost consciousness at the doctor's office. When Northampton Regional EMS arrived on location, North Catasauqua firefighters were recalled.

Fire alarm

Aug. 24, 10:48 a.m.

North Catasauqua Engine firefighters, along with Northampton Fire Department personnel, responded to 1400 Main St., the North Catasauqua High Rise, for an automatic fire alarm. Upon arrival, firefighters found the alarm coming from the attic. Firefighters found gaining access to the attic difficult due to storage materials blocking the access from the top floor. There were no signs of fire and firefighters cleared the scene within 45 minutes.

The cause was a detector malfunction. Firefighters referred the issue to the Valley Housing Authority for follow up.