Whitehall Township police responded to report of an armed robbery at the Sunoco One Stop Mini Market located at 2304 MacArthur Road Nov. 13 at approximately 7:59 p.m.
Police said the suspect, who was armed with a hand gun, approached the store clerk and demanded money. The suspect left the store on foot.
The clerk was not injured during the incident, police said.
According to police, the suspect is described as a black male wearing a black jacket with a gray hooded sweat shirt underneath, black baseball cap and black sweat pants.
The suspect's description is similar to that of the person involved in two other robberies that recently occurred in Whitehall, police said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Whitehall Township Police at 610-437-3042.
Elizabeth Friz of the Juvenile Probation Office will speak about working in the local schools with students and school personnel during the next Whitehall Crime Watch meeting.
The meeting will take place 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 26, in the municipal building, located at 3731 Lehigh St. The public is invited.
This will be the final crime watch meeting of 2012.
Meetings will resume Jan. 28, 2013.
For directions or information on the Nov. 26 meeting, contact Paul Davis at 610-437-3024, ext. 223.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a burglary brought officers to the 4100 block of Bridge Street.
· Police responded to a request for vigilance in the 1100 block of North 12th Street.
· Officers were called to MacArthur Road to investigate a motor vehicle crash.
· A report of harassment brought police to the 100 block of Cornerstone Place.
· Police responded to a report of a disturbance in the 2200 block of Second Avenue.
· A report of a reckless driver brought officers to south MacArthur Road.
· Officers responded to a report of suspicious activity at Whitehall High School, 3800 Mechanicsville Road.
· A report of fraud brought police to the 400 block of Keystone Avenue.
· Police responded to a report of a theft at the Walmart, 2601 MacArthur Road.
· A report of a robbery brought officers to North 11th Street.
· Officers responded to a report of a rape in the area of Carbon Street.
· Police were called to the Keystone Pub, 1410 Grape St., to investigate a report of harassment.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 2100 block of South First Avenue.
· A report of a stolen vehicle brought police to Whitehall Auto Sales, 3012 MacArthur Road.
· Police responded to a domestic call in the 4500 block of Nile Drive.
· Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person at Wawa, 2985 MacArthur Road.
· A request for a protection-from-abuse order brought police to the 3700 block of Lehigh Street.
· Police responded to a report of an assault at the Home Depot, 1350 MacArthur Road.
· A report of criminal mischief brought officers to the unit block of Jordan Lane.
· A report of a woman who received unwanted telephone calls brought police to the 1500 block of Alta Drive.
· Officers responded to a motor vehicle crash on Mickley Road.
· A report of a theft from a vehicle brought police to the 1200 block of Olympic Circle South.
· Police responded to a report of a man who received harassing telephone calls from a woman in the 1600 block of Harding Circle.
· A report of a man who cut his wrist with a knife brought officers to the 5300 block of Russell Court.
· Police responded to a DUI-related motor vehicle crash on Bridge Street.
· A report of a man who physically assaulted another man brought officers to the 1500 block of Creekside Drive.
· Police responded to a domestic call in the 5000 block of Foxdale Drive.
· A report of a missing juvenile brought officers to the 400 block of Adams Street.
· Police responded to the theft of a vehicle at the Lehigh Valley Mall, 2500 Lehigh Valley Mall.
· Police conducted a death investigation in the 500 block of Jefferson Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 3200 block of North Second Street.
· Police responded to a fire in the unit block of Maryland Circle.
· A report of criminal mischief brought officers to the Walmart, 2601 MacArthur Road.
· Police responded to a report of a missing juvenile in the 3000 block of North Third Avenue.