Submit poems for Focus section, WDIY
Submissions are now being accepted for the eighth annual award-winning Student Poetry Project.
In celebration of National Poetry Month in April, three poems will be selected in each of the Elementary, Middle School and High School categories and published in the April 24 and 25 Focus section in the Lehigh Valley Press newspapers.
The student whose poem is selected as the best poem in each category may have his or her photo published with the selected poem.
First-place winners will be invited to read his or her poem on "Lehigh Valley Art Salon," 6 - 6:30 p.m. April 29, WDIY, 88.1 FM, wdiy.org
Here are the entry guidelines:
1. The Student Poetry Project is open to Lehigh Valley elementary, middle and high school public, parochial, private, charter, cyber and home-school students.
2. Poems should not exceed one typed, double-spaced, maximum 60-space line, 8 1/2 x 11-inch page.
3. Poems are to be the original work of the student.
4. Email submissions are preferred. One poem maybe be submitted per email.
5. Multiple printed entries from a classroom may be submitted in one envelope.
6. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. March 15.
7. Permission of a parent or guardian is required for a student's photo to be made and published in the Focus section.
8. Copies of poems will not be returned.
9. Include student name, age, school, grade, school district, telephone number of parent or guardian for contact information. Address and phone numbers will not be published.
10. Email your poem, with Student Poetry Project in the subject line to: email@example.com, or mail your poem to WDIY 88.1FM Lehigh Valley Community Public Radio, 301 Broadway, Bethlehem, Pa. 18015.
Questions and information: George Van Doren, lvpresspoetrycontest @gmail. com