Thursday, March 21: Elem.–Turkey and cheese hoagie on whole grain roll, lettuce and tomato, fruit cocktail, assorted fresh fruit, baby carrots, milk. M.S.–Meatball subs (whole grain), broccoli, assorted fresh fruit, steamed asparagus, baby carrots, milk. H.S.–Meatball subs (whole grain), broccoli, assorted fresh fruit, steamed asparagus, baby carrots, side salad, milk.
Storyteller Kristen Pedemonti visited Sheckler students Feb. 27.
· Coplay Garden Club meeting – 7 p.m., St. John's Lutheran Church, 18 S. Third St., Coplay. Information: 610-261-1243.
· Woman's Club of Catasauqua meeting – 7 p.m., Salem United Church of Christ, Walnut and Third streets. Presentation on Doctors Without Borders. Information: Yvonne Retzler at 610-264-4924.
· Lehigh Valley Horse Council meeting – 7 p.m., Hanover Township Community Center, 3660 Jacksonville Road, Bethlehem. Discussion: "Mounted Orienteering: Can Your Horse Find His Way?" Information: 610-317-8701.
The Sheckler Fourth-Grade Science Fair was held March 6.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1100 block of Eighth Street.
· A parking complaint brought officers to the 200 block of Eugene Street.
· Officers assisted the Coplay Police Department in the area of North Front Street.
· A report of a suspicious activity brought police to Cherry and Arch streets.
· Officers responded to a disturbance in the 1100 block of Second Street.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A motor vehicle crash brought officers to the 200 block of Fifth Street.
· Police were called to Walmart, 2601 MacArthur Road, to investigate a report of fraud.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 300 block of Oakwood Lane.
· A dispute between a husband and wife brought police to the 1200 block of Hampshire Circle.
· Officers responded to a suspicious vehicle on Catasauqua Street.
State police on March 17 responded to a report of a fight.
The incident took place at Denny's, 1871 Catasauqua Road, Hanover Township, Lehigh County, police said.
One person was stabbed and was taken to an area hospital for medical treatment, police said.
Attempted burglary reported
Police were called March 10 for a report of an attempted burglary.
Police responded to the 700 block of Roble Road, Hanover Township, Lehigh County, to investigate a report of an unknown person who attempted to gain entry by force into the home, police said.
The Catasauqua Area School Board recognized Sheckler Elementary School students of the month for January at the board's February meeting. In the front row, from left, are Kelsea Warren, Kaylee Monahan and Elizabeth Cordon and in back are Rayanna Johnson, Ciani Vassa, Ty Reitz and Hope Miller. Also with the students is Sheckler Principal Eric Dauberman.
Parked vehicle hit by tractor trailer
Coplay police are investigating a hit-and-run motor crash involving a tractor trailer.
The incident took place March 22, in the 100 block of Chestnut Street, police said.
The rig hit a parked 2012 Chevrolet Cruz in front of 128 Chestnut St., according to police. After colliding with the parked car, the operator of the tractor trailer proceeded to drive off, police said.
Vehicle mirror damaged
A resident of the 100 block of South Eighth Street informed police March 11 her 2009 Ford Focus had been vandalized.
MFP Strategies has announced that Aaron Gabrielian and Jessica Edris have joined the firm.
Gabrielian has been hired as a Financial Advisor and is responsible for the management of client relationships and development of new clients. He is on the firm's Investment Committee.
Prior to joining MFP Strategies, he was a Financial Advisor for Morgan Stanley and maintains Series 7 and 66 licenses as well as a Financial Planning Specialist designation.