Debbie Godt has joined Unity Bank as Vice President-SBA Business Development Executive.
Godt, with more than 25 years of banking, accounting and finance experience, previously held business development positions with UPS Capital Business Credit, Temecula Valley Bank, Washington Mutual Bank and Johnson-McClean Technologies.
Godt, a graduate of Bucknell University, also worked as a Certified Public Accountant with a big- five accounting firm.
The Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania (BFTP-NEP) Board of Directors has approved the investment of $315,700 in support of regional economic development.
Ben Franklin Technology Partners is an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and is funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
BFTP-NEP owns and manages Ben Franklin TechVentures, an award-winning business incubator, post-incubator facility on Lehigh University's campus in Bethlehem at which it is headquartered.
ST. PAUL'S ANGLICAN CHURCH
25th & Livingston Streets
Allentown, 18104 - 610-435-0712
8:40 a.m. Morning Prayer
9 a.m. Holy Communion
'28 Book of Common Prayer
9 a.m. Church School
Wed., 10 a.m. Healing Service
Rev. Joseph S. Falzone
ASSEMBLY OF GOD
ASSEMBLY OF GOD
3449 Cherryville Road
Northampton - 610-262-5645
Daniel E. Lundmark, Pastor
Sunday School - 9:30 a.m.
Sunday Worship - 10:45 a.m.
Sunday Evening - 6:00 p.m.
NORTHAMPTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Local residents graduate
Northampton Community College held a commencement ceremony Jan. 26 for over 900 students who completed associates degrees, specialized diplomas and certificates during the past six months. The following students from the area received degrees.
· Northampton Area High School Drama Club family storytime – 6 p.m., Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Information: 610-262-7537.
· Coplay Garden Club meeting – 7 p.m., St. John's Lutheran Church, South Third Street. Information: 610-261-1243.
· Explorer Post 101 meeting – Coplay municipal building, 98 S. Fourth St. Information: Jake at 610-465-2598.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m. Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to the theft of scrap aluminum window frames in the 2000 block of Laubach Avenue.
Police were called to the 100 block of West 17th Street to investigate a report of the rear door of the residence broken and entry made into the home.
· A domestic call brought officers to the 1600 block of Railroad Street.
· A report of a disturbance brought police to the 1600 block of Main Street.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
A domestic call brought officers to the 1000 block of Third Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua police in the 1000 block of Fourth Street.
· Police responded to a report of a theft from a vehicle in the 1300 block of Third Street.
· Officers were called to the 700 block of Locust Street to investigate a burglary.
· A report of a suspicious activity brought police to the 1100 block of Second Street.
It happens every year at my house as the April 15 tax-filing deadline nears. Once my IRS forms are filed, I take the folder with all the supporting receipts, invoices and forms to our home office filing cabinet to store.
Inside this drawer are numerous hanging file folders containing insurance policies, investment documents, automobile titles and loan papers and other documents. Stuffing the new file into what little remaining space there is, I ask myself, "Do I really need all this stuff?" and then, "Should some of this be more securely stored?"
completes basic training
Army Reserve Pvt. Michael S. Warfield graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
Officers assisted EMS in the 400 block of Front Street.
· A report of a suspicious person brought police to the 300 block of Walnut Street.
· Police were called to the 800 block of Walnut Street to investigate a report of a disturbance.
· Officers responded to a report of a suspicious activity in the 600 block of South 14th Street.
· A motor vehicle crash brought police to the unit block of West Race Street.
· Officers responded to a report of disorderly conduct in the 500 block of American Street.