Santa Claus visited North Catasauqua children during the holiday season.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of harassment brought police to the unit block of Stonewood Place.
· Officers responded to a report of items missing from an apartment in the 700 block of Front Street.
· A motor vehicle crash brought police to the 900 block of Race Street.
· Police responded to a report of a verbal argument in the 700 block of Front Street.
· Officers were called to the 100 block of Second Street to investigate the theft of a wallet.
Dess Alt Yohr is now fer-bei; wos now aw-fongt is yoh gons nei.
Mier leava un mier wolda, fom Neia biss tzu'm Alta. Darrich feel Ongsht un Druvvel; darrich Tzittera un darrich Farricht. Darrich Grieg un grossa Schrecka; dess dutt de gons Welt be-decka.
The old year is gone; what is now beginning is all new.
We live through much fear and trouble; through nervousness and through fright; through war and through terror this covers the whole world and we leave this to the disposition of God from the new to the old.
Thomas Robert Bono, 18, of Allentown, died December 29, 2012. Born in Allentown, he was a son of Elizabeth Ann Hagerty-Bono, of Allentown and the late Thomas Lee Bono II, who died in 2003.
He attended William Allen High School.
He is survived by his mother; brother, Thomas Lee III; sisters, Elizabeth Ann and Elizabeth Mary; paternal grandparents, Thomas and Ruth Bono.
Contributions may be made to the funeral home to help defray funeral expenses.
Arrangements were made by the Bachman, Kulik & Reinsmith Funeral Home, Allentown.
Elaine B. Fatzinger, 80, of Allentown, died December 22, 2012, in Cedarbrook County Home, Allentown. She was the wife of the late Harold F. Fatzinger Sr. Born in Allentown, she was the daughter of the late Elmer and Estelle (Ruppert) Moyer.
She worked in various Allentown mills before retiring as a sewing machine operator.
· AARP Chapter 3115 meeting – noon, American Club, 300 Cherry St., Coplay. Bring a nonperishable food item for the food bank. Refreshments available during the social hour. Guitarist Shep will entertain. New members welcome. Information: 610-395-2820.
· Delaware-Lehigh Amateur Radio Club monthly meeting – 7:30 p.m., Bethlehem Township Community Center, 2900 Farmersville Road, Bethlehem. Program: "My American Freedom Via Amateur Radio" - AC7HU." Members and interested general public are welcome. Information: www.dlarc.org, KE3AW@ ARRL.NET or 610-432-8286.
Martha B. (Werbicky) Marakovits, 93, formerly of Newport, and Sacred Heart Assisted Living, Northampton, died Dec. 22, 2012, at Gracedale County Home, Nazareth. She was the wife of the late John F. Marakovits.
Born in Northampton, she was a daughter of the late John and Mary (Onushchak) Werbicky.
She was a sales clerk for the former Gillespie Jewelers, Northampton, for 25 years. She worked for the former Smith Candy Company, Northampton. She assisted her mother in operating the former Mary's Place Bar, Northampton.
John T. Gillette, 79, died Dec. 21, 2012, at the Phoebe Home, Allentown.
Born in Lehighton, he was a son of the late John C. and Mary (Cherowich) Gillette.
He was a cryptologist for the National Security Agenecy for 40 years.
He was a member of St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church, Orefield.
Penn State Lehigh Valley will offer an SAT review course that can help prepare test takers for the SAT exam.
The class is scheduled for Saturdays 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 12 through March 2, 2013, at the Center Valley campus, 2809 Saucon Valley Road, Center Valley.
The course offers strategies for the verbal, critical reading and writing, and math portions of the exam.
New Year's resolutions come and go.
Often they are short-lived, typically lasting no longer than a few days to a few weeks.
What should each of us resolve to do this coming year? What should each of us hope for and wish for this new year?
Throughout our communities are family members and neighbors who may be in need or want.
There are those inside our own workplaces, schools, churches and communities who are hurting and in need of an ear, shoulder, hand and heart.