St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Hanover Township, observed the beginning of the Lenten season with a pancake supper.
· Explorer Post 101 meeting – Coplay municipal building, 98 S. Fourth St. Information: Jake at 610-465-2598.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday, Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Bingo – Doors open 5:30 p.m. Games start at 7 p.m., Petersville Rod and Gun Club, Moore Township. Information: 610-261-2210.
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report that a parked vehicle was hit brought police to the 2200 block of Main Street.
· Officers responded to a hit-and-run crash in the 1100 block of Lincoln Avenue.
· Police were called to 1300 block of Line Alley to investigate a report of garbage thrown on a vehicle.
· A report of a 60-year-old woman who stole $15 worth of merchandise brought officers to Redner's Warehouse Markets, 33 W. 21st St..
PRESS PHOTOS BY C. RICHARD CHARTRAND
The Repertory Dance Theatre's production of "The Sleeping Beauty" welcomed guest artists Carolina Ballet Theatre stars Madeline Guerdat as Sleeping Beauty and Matthew Harvey as the Prince to the Scottish Rite Cathedral for two performances March 2.
Civic Theatre of Allentown holds open auditions 7 p.m. March 18 for its May 4 -10 production of "Next to Normal," the Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning musical by Brian Yorkey and Tom Kitt, in the upstairs rehearsal hall, 19th Street Theatre, 527 N 19th St., Allentown.
Callbacks are March 20.
Information: CivicTheatre.com, 610-432-8943
An "Easter Nut Roll Sale" will be held, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. March 26, March 27, main lobby, Sacred Heart Hospital, 421 Chew St., Allentown.
Large 14-inch bakery fresh Kolache rolls with nut, apricot, poppy seed, raspberry or Lekvar filling will be available.
Pre-ordering is recommended. Call Beth Fogel, 610-776-5413.
Children's Hospital at Lehigh Valley Hospital beneficiary of Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Show Preview Party Gala
The Children's Hospital at Lehigh Valley Hospital is the beneficiary of the Preview Party Gala, 6 - 9:30 p.m. March 20, Stabler Arena, Lehigh University, 124 Goodman Drive, Bethlehem, which kicks off the Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Show, March 21 - 24, presented by the Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association (GLVADA).
Tom Kwiatek, executive director of GLVADA, made the announcement at the Hackerman-Patz House at Lehigh Valley Hospital -- Cedar Crest.
As St. Patrick's Day quickly approaches, we turn our thoughts to leprechauns, green clovers, pots of gold, parades, and Irish folk dancing.
We also think about the people of Irish heritage who emigrated to the United States at the turn of the century in search of a new, and better, life. The American Dream was alive and thriving, and viewed as that glorious pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
The Crowded Kitchen Players hold auditions for "The Cocoanuts," a musical comedy written by George S. Kaufman and Irving Berlin for The Marx Brothers, 7 - 8:30 p.m. March 13, McCoole's Arts & Events Place, 10 S. Main St., Quakertown.
"The Cocoanuts" runs June 7 - 23, McCoole's Arts & Events Place.