Helen Kuchinos, 91, formerly of Whitehall, died Aug. 26, 2012, at the Arden Courts, Allentown. She was the wife of the late Michael Kuchinos.
Born in Cementon, she was a daughter of the late Adolph and Anna (Kluscarits) Panny.
She worked at the former Cross Country Clothes for 40 years.
She was a member of St. John the Baptist Church, Stiles, and a member of the Altar and Rosary Society.
She was a member of the Cementon Playground Association.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to an argument between a husband and wife in the 1200 block of Basswood Street.
· A report of harassing telephone calls brought police to the 900 block of Fairmount Avenue.
· Police responded to a protection-from-abuse order request in the 3700 block of Lehigh Street.
· Officers were called to the Kmart, 2520 MacArthur Road, to investigate a report of a suspicious person.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police assisted a citizen in the 800 block of Race Street.
· Officers responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 200 block of Lehigh Street.
· A report of harassment brought officers to the Catasauqua Market, 135 Bridge St.
· Police were called to the 200 block of Second Street to investigate a hit-and-run motor vehicle crash.
· A report of a hazardous condition brought officers to the 1000 block of Race Street.
CYAA football players hosted a car wash fundraiser Aug. 11 in Catasauqua.
Sterling "Duffy" N. Bowen, 91, formerly of Catasauqua and of Sacred Heart at the Creek, Northampton, died Aug. 25, 2012, at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Muhlenberg, Bethlehem. He was the husband of Gladys (Spangler) Bowen, also of Sacred Heart at the Creek, for 69 years.
Born in North Catasauqua, he was the son of the late Robert and Mabel (Troxell) Bowen.
He was a 1939 graduate of Catasauqua High School.
Tami L. Green, 49, of Walnutport, died Aug. 26, 2012, at Lehigh Valley Hospital Center, Allentown. She was the wife of K. Mitch Green for 19 years.
Born in Allentown, she was a daughter of Edwin and Lana (Shelly) Hunsberger.
She worked for Orlando-Diefenderfer Electrical, Allentown, in accounts payable for the past 10 years.
In addition to her parents and husband, she is survived by two sisters, Terri Hunsberger of Treichlers and Tracy and her husband Edward Yost of Coplay; a brother, Timothy and his wife Vicki Hunsberger of Walnutport; nieces; and nephews.
· The Delaware-Lehigh Amateur Radio Club monthly meeting – 7:30 p.m., Bethlehem Area Vo-Tech School, 3300 Chester Ave., Bethlehem. Information: www. dlarc.org, KE3AW@ arrl.net or 610-432-8286.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Open to all model railroaders ages 14 and older. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
Brian A. Fritz, 55, of Danielsville, died Aug. 23, 2012, in Lehigh Valley Hospital, Muhlenberg. He was the husband of Cheryl (Brobst) Fritz for 18 years.
Born in Northampton, he was a son of Faye (Dietrich) Fritz of Northampton and the late Albert Fritz.
He was a truck driver for 37 years and has been driving for JM Rapp Trucking of Allentown for the last six years.
The St. Andrew's 2nd Annual Tricky Tray/ Basket Social is planned for Saturday, Sept. 29. There will be baskets to bid on, great gifts, food, baked goods, and fun for everyone at this fundraising event. Organizers say patrons will enjoy eating and shopping with friends and neighbors at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 1900 E. Pennsylvania Ave., Allentown. This church is located in Hanover Township, two blocks south of Catasauqua Road., on the border of Allentown and Bethlehem.
The Catasauqua School Board approved Kristin Popovice to serve as a Catasauqua High School long-term substitute during the board's Sept. 4 workshop meeting. She will teach earth science.
Popovice will replace Katrina Bullock who was approved at the board's Aug. 13 meeting. Since her appointment by the board, Bullock declined the CHS teaching position.
The earth science position became available after CHS teacher Daniel Wismer took a leave of absence.
The board also set Monday's board meeting agenda.