This evening, the borough’s 150th anniversary celebration committee meets 7 p.m. in the council chambers of borough hall, 98 S. Fourth St. The celebration occurs in 2019.
Also this evening, Model Railroad Explorer Post 101 convenes 7:30 p.m., usually for a workshop of sorts, on the second floor of the municipal building.
Aqua Zumba debuts for the summer at Parkway Pool 6:30 p.m. June 19 and each Monday evening thereafter.
Holy Trinity Memorial Lutheran Church, 604 Fourth St., will be having its annual yard and bake sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m. June 17. The event is rain or shine.
There will be a wide variety of merchandise, and all of the delicious baked goods are made by the members.
Food and refreshments also will be available.
Historic Catasauqua Preservation Association’s Biery House, 8 Race St. will be open 1-4 p.m. June 18. There will be a PowerPoint presentation and discussion titled “Architecture of Catasauqua’s Historic Homes.”
Parking is at Deily Coal Yard, 5 Union St.
• St. John’s Friendly Fifties meeting, 1 p.m., in the social hall of St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Church, 1343 Newport Ave., Northampton
• Christ United Church of Christ, Little Moore, Vacation Bible School (VBS), 6:15-8:15 p.m., at 913 S. Mink Road, Danielsville. VBS continues until June 16. Information and registration: 610-837-3526
• Poetry reading and book signing by Gail Zimmerman Thomas, 6:30 p.m., at Whitehall Township Public Library, 3700 Mechanicsville Road. Information: 610-432-4339
Catasauqua library: ‘Build a Better World:’ Summer reading at Public Library of Catasauqua offers children both knowledge and inspiration
This year, the Public Library of Catasauqua’s summer reading programs are all about the many ways you can have fun while you “Build A Better World.” Each week, 10:30-11:30 a.m. on Tuesdays, summer readers ages 4 through grade 12 will have the opportunity to learn something new about the world we live in and even what’s beyond it!
Parents may register their children now.
June 13: Make the world more beautiful with members of the Catasauqua Garden Club, and plant a flower to take home.
June 20: Be a space explorer. Learn about the moon with Professor Gary Becker.
The Northampton Area Historical Society will be having its annual spring garage sale in conjunction with the Quota Club of Northampton. Both sales will be held 8 a.m.-1 p.m. June 10.
The society’s sale will be held at the station. Donations from the public for the sale can be dropped off 6-8 p.m. June 8 and 9.
There is no rain date for this event.
For information, call 610-851-0154 or 610-262-8198.
Quota Club’s sale will be held at Canal Park. The rain date is June 11.
Coplay Parkway Pool opens this weekend, June 10 and 11, noon-7 p.m., with the official opening day June 13. In June, hours will be noon-7 p.m.; July, noon-8 p.m.; and August, noon-7 p.m.
The borough hall office at the Fourth Street municipal building is the only place to purchase a season pass. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 417 Howertown Road, would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to its new child care center director, Debra Hessinger, effective May 30.
Hessinger comes to St. Paul’s from The Goddard School, where she recently worked in marketing and has directed one of its centers in the past.
• Moorestown Garden Club meeting, 7 p.m., at Salem United Church of Christ, 2218 Community Drive, Bath. Information: 610-759-1652
• Catasauqua Garden Club meeting, 1 p.m., at Slovak Center Social Club, 1233 Fifth St., North Catasauqua
• Indianland Garden Club presentation of “Container Gardening Made Easy,” 6 p.m., at Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Registration: 610-262-7537
• Storytime and crafts, 11 a.m., at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St.
The seventh annual North Catasauqua community yard sale and flea market will be held 8 a.m.-2 p.m. June 10 at North Catasauqua Park, 701 Grove St.
Ten-foot-by-10-foot spaces are available for a cost. You must bring your own table. Set up is 6:30-7:30 a.m., and departure is by 3 p.m. The deadline to sign up for a spot is June 8.
Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase.
The event is sponsored by North Catasauqua We Sing Community Chorus.
For further information, call 610-264-1225 or email northcatawe- email@example.com.
At the George Taylor House, Poplar and Lehigh streets, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. June 4, there will be a quilt show featuring new and historic quilts. You also will get a chance to meet Mary Todd Lincoln!
Enjoy light refreshments, house tours, snacks, re-enactors, speakers, interactive programs for kids and adults and more the first Sunday of most months.