The Coplay 150th anniversary birthday party is scheduled for noon-10 p.m. June 15 at Samuel Balliet Stadium, 131 N. Eighth St.
The event is free to the public.
There will be food trucks.
Craig Thatcher Band will perform 1:15-3:30 p.m., followed by Philadelphia Funk Authority 4-6:30 p.m. and Brian Dean Moore Band 7-9:30 p.m.
Cat Country 96 radio station will broadcast live 7-8:30 p.m.
One-hundred-fifty candle lanterns will be released 9 p.m.
The night will end with a fireworks show 9:30 p.m.
North Catasauqua Recreation Committee has planned a number of free summer events and activities at North Catasauqua William J. Albert Memorial Park, 701 Grove St.
Area residents will enjoy a performance by the Easton Municipal Band 7 p.m. June 24. UUU will perform 7 p.m. June 28.
The Crafts and Laughs summer park program will take place 9:30-11:30 a.m. weekdays from June 24 to Aug. 2. Children who have completed kindergarten up to age 12 may participate in this community program.
The wiffle ball program will take place weekdays 1-4 p.m., also at the park.
• Registration for summer kids program (for Catasauqua residents in first through seventh grades), 5-6 p.m., at the large pavilion of Catasauqua Park and Playground, 501 American St. Mandatory parent meeting will follow. Camp will be held 9-11 a.m. June 11-Aug. 2 at the Catasauqua park.
• Movie: “Star Trek” (2009), 5-7 p.m., at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St. Information: 610-262-7351
• Rock painting event (organized by Emmanuel’s Lutheran Church’s women’s group), 7 p.m., at 3175 Valley View Drive, Moore Township
Suburban North Family YMCA is currently enrolling for weekly summer day camp programs at the YMCA, 880 Walnut St. Camp runs 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays June 17-Aug. 23.
Summer day camp is for children ages 5 to 14 years old. There are optional extended hours from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Campers will participate in a variety of activities, including theme weeks, nature adventures, sports, arts and crafts, special events, water games, field trips and daily swim time at the Catasauqua pool. Daily lunch will be distributed to all campers.
Coplay Public Library embarks on a series of summer programs this month.
Blast Off into Reading storytime with Miss Veronica and Miss Janice will be 11 a.m.-noon June 6, 13, 20 and 27.
The free Monday movie event is 5-7 p.m. The library will be showing “Star Trek” (2009), June 10; “Star Trek into Darkness,” June 17; and “Star Trek Beyond,” June 24.
The annual summer reading program unfolds this month. The theme is “A Universe of Stories.”
Join us as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Apollo 11 moon landing during summer reading 2019.
Parents, register your children ages 4 through 12th grade in person at the library. Our programs are guaranteed to be of high interest for all ages.
All programs are 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays except one — Animals in Space is 4:30 p.m. and designated a teen-only event.
• June 18 — Summer reading begins with Catasauqua Garden Club helping plant flowers in pots to take home. This year, the flowers represent the sun, moon and stars.
Mayor Thomas Reenock has proclaimed June 7-9 as National Gun Awareness Weekend — and June 7 as National Gun Awareness Day — in the borough.
“I join with Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a program of Everytown for Gun Safety, annually each June to remember all victims and survivors of gun violence and must declare that we, as a country, must do more to reduce gun violence,” he said.
Reenock encourages residents to wear orange June 7 to help raise awareness of gun violence.
• Movie: “E.T. the Extraterrestrial,” 5-7 p.m., at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St. Information: 610-262-7351
• Pinochle, 7 p.m., in the Trexler Room of Lehigh Valley Active Life, 1633 W. Elm St., Allentown. Information and cost: 610-437-3700
• Registration begins for youth and adult summer reading programs, during regular hours, at Whitehall Township Public Library, 3700 Mechanicsville Road. Information: 610-432-4339
We Sing! is hosting the ninth annual North Catasauqua community yard sale, flea market and vendor sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m. June 8 at North Catasauqua William J. Albert Memorial Park, 701 Grove St.
The rain date is June 22.
The chorus will provide the advertising, location and attraction of a community sale.
To reserve a 10-foot space for your merchandise, call 610-264-1225 or email NorthCataWeSing@aol.com for the cost and details. Set up 6:30-7:30 a.m., and depart by 3 p.m.
Breakfast and lunch food will be available for purchase.
The entry deadline is June 6.
Storytime will be held 11 a.m. May 30 at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St.
Coplay Garden Club meets 7 p.m. May 30 in the social hall at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 18 S. Third St.
Explorer Scouts of Model Railroad Explorer Post 101 meets 7:30 p.m. May 30 on the second floor of borough hall, 98 S. Fourth St.
Suburban North Family YMCA is offering a new weekly camp program at Saylor Park in Coplay for children ages 5-14 years beginning June 17 and ending Aug. 16.
Camp is held 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.