The Catasauqua Park Amphitheater, 501 American St., presents the Allentown Marine Band 7-10 p.m. Aug. 3.
Come on out with your lawn chairs, blankets and refreshments for a fun music-filled evening!
The Night at the Races event will take place Aug. 4 at Catasauqua American Legion Post 215, 330 Second St. Doors open 6 p.m., and races begin 7 p.m.
Donations (a minimum of $10) will be taken at the door.
Enjoy a complimentary barbecue dinner, beer and soda.
You must be 21 or older to attend.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4714, Main Street and Laubach Avenue, has planned the following activities throughout the month.
Aug. 3, 7:30 p.m., polka and button box
Aug. 10, 9 p.m., karaoke with DJ PK
Aug. 17, 7:30 p.m., polka and button box
Aug. 24 10 p.m., karaoke with Crazy K
Aug. 25, 8 p.m., music mix and dance party with DJ Flip Side
Aug. 31, 7:30 p.m., polka and button box
• Upcycled music box (for grades 6-12), 2 p.m., at Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Information and registration: 610-262-7537
• Game night, 5-7 p.m., at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St. Information: 610-262-7351
• Summer learning program concludes (Officer Wiseman and K-9 partner Zora will visit), 10:30-11:30 a.m., at Public Library of Catasauqua, 302 Bridge St. Information: 610-264-4151
Coplay Garden Club meets 7 p.m. July 26 at St. John’s Lutheran Church’s social hall, 18 S. Third St.
The club members plant and take care of flowers at public sites, such as the library grounds.
The St. John’s Lutheran Church Bible study group will have a summer cookout and movie July 29 beginning 6 p.m. at the parsonage of Pastor Timothy Boyer, Third and Coplay streets.
Another such evening will be held Aug. 19.
The Northampton AARP Chapter 3915 will meet Aug. 8 at Northampton Banquet & Event Center, 1601 Laubach Ave.
Doors open 11 a.m.
Entertainment and refreshments will be provided.
If interested in any trips, please call Sharon at 610-261-9182
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1235 Main St., will hold a flea market and bake sale 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 18.
Food will be available for purchase.
Proceeds benefit the church’s building fund.
Don’t forget about the fun goings-on hosted by North Catasauqua Recreation Committee this summer.
Here’s what’s coming up at North Catasauqua William J. Albert Memorial Park, 701 Grove St.
Come on out and enjoy this calendar of events:
• Aug. 1: Carnival-themed family night, 6:30 p.m.
• Aug. 14: Wiffle ball championship game, 7 p.m.
• Aug. 17: Caribbean Rhythms concert, 7-9 p.m.
• Sept. 7: Brian Dean Moore Band concert, 7-10 p.m.
And remember, all of these events are free.
In this concluding column, Mr. Mike Bednar, noted local historian, recalls some of our railroad history. Mike worked on railroads for 41 years and, with the aid of his wife, Donna, wrote a number of books on railroad history and lore.
In the last column, we wrote about two famous Lehigh Valley Railroad trains — the Black Diamond and the John Wilkes.
Today, we board the Asa Packer, Maple Leaf and Central Railroad of New Jersey’s Philadelphia Flyer.
Catasauqua Park Amphitheater, 501 American St., presents the James Supra Blues Band 7-10 p.m. July 27.
Come on out with your lawn chairs, blankets and refreshments.
Public Library of Catasauqua, 302 Bridge St., will be showing a family movie 10:30-11:30 a.m. July 28. The movie will be “Ferdinand” featuring John Cena.
The summer reading program concludes 10:30-11:30 a.m. July 31 with Officer Wiseman and his K-9 partner Zora visiting. There will be Oogie’s ice cream as well.
For more information, call 610-264-4151.
• “Name That Tune” (for grades 6-12), 2 p.m., at Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Information and registration: 610-262-7537
• Movie: “Mamma Mia!,” 5-7 p.m., at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St. Information: 610-262-7351
• Vacation Bible School (for age 3 to sixth grade), 6-8 p.m., at Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3355 MacArthur Road, Hokendauqua. VBS will continue until July 27, with a closing program July 29. Information: 610-435-0451
The Catasauqua Park Amphitheater, 501 American St., presents Smith Compound Band 7-10 p.m. July 20.
Come on out with your lawn chairs, blankets and refreshments for a fun music-filled evening.
The Catasauqua Community Thrift Shop, 113 Bridge St., is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays.
You are welcome to stop by for its weekly specials. There will be a half-price sale on a different type of clothing each week.