The Catasauqua Park Amphitheater, 501 American St., presents That Being Said 7-10 p.m. July 6.
Come on out with your lawn chairs, blankets and refreshments for a fun music-filled evening.
Catasauqua will be having the annual pub crawl 5-11 p.m. July 7.
Biery House Tavern, 8 Race St., will be joining the other pubs in town. Beer, wine, sangria, food and entertainment are on the menu.
Parking is at the Deily Coal Yard, 5 Union St.
Visit the Catasauqua pub crawl Facebook page for more information.
St. John’s Friendly Fifties group will hold its annual picnic, rain or shine, noon-5 p.m. July 9 at 26th Street Playground.
Northampton AARP Chapter 3915 will meet July 11 at Northampton Banquet & Event Center, 1601 Laubach Ave.
Doors open 11 a.m.
Entertainment and refreshments will be provided.
Those interested in trips should call Sharon at 610-262-9182.
Reminder: Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4714, Main Street and Laubach Avenue, has planned the following events:
• Karaoke with DJ PK, 9 p.m. July 6
Coplay’s Parkway Pool, which opens noon, will stay open until 8 p.m. during the month of July.
In August, the pool will once again close 7 p.m.
Aqua Zumba with Tara Miller is held Monday and Wednesday 6:30-7:30 p.m.
St. John’s Lutheran Church, 18 S. Third St., will hold Vacation Bible School 6:30-8:30 p.m. July 16-20. The program is open to all children in the community, preschool through eighth grade.
The theme is “Construction Zone: Building Character Like Jesus.”
• Moorestown Garden Club meeting, 7 p.m., at Salem United Church of Christ, 2218 Community Drive, Moore Township. Information: 610-759-1652
• Open house hosted by Historic Catasauqua Preservation Association, 9 a.m.-noon, at the Biery House, 8 Race St., Catasauqua. Information: 610-231-0603
• Toddler Time (for children ages 18-36 months), 10:30 a.m., at Whitehall Township Public Library, 3700 Mechanicsville Road. Information: 610-432-4339
Catasauqua Park Amphitheater, 501 American St., will present Caribbean Steel Rhythm 7-10 p.m. June 29.
Come on out with your lawn chairs, blankets and refreshments for a fun, music-filled evening.
Historic Catasauqua Preservation Association will host an open house 9 a.m.-noon July 1 and July 4 at the Biery House, 8 Race St.
There will be a private collection of Catasauqua memorabilia on display.
For more information, call 610-231-0603.
The borough’s 150th anniversary committee meets 7 p.m. tonight, June 28, in council chambers, 98 S. Fourth St.
The sesquicentennial parade will be May 18, 2019. The parade’s theme will have historical tones.
Children in the borough, ages kindergarten through 12th grade, are invited to Whitehall-Coplay Hunger Initiative’s summer breakfast camp at Redeemed Christian Church of God, 5 N. Third St. The breakfast is 8:30-10:30 a.m. Mondays through Fridays.
There are activities and crafts, as well as a free bagged lunch.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4714, Main Street and Laubach Avenue, has planned the following events:
• Polka and button box, 7:30 p.m. June 29
• Music by DJ Flipside, 7:30 p.m. June 30
• Karaoke with DJ PK, 9 p.m. July 6
• Polka and button box, 7:30 p.m. July 13
For more information, call 610-262-3891.
Northampton Borough’s municipal building will be closed July 4 for the Independence Day holiday.
St. John’s Friendly Fifties group will hold its annual picnic, rain or shine, noon- 5 p.m. July 9 at 26th Street Playground.
In this third column on train memories, we fondly “remember” when the Central Railroad of New Jersey, Northampton & Bath, Ironton and the Lehigh Valley Traction Company trolleys served transportation needs in our communities.
Old-timers recalled the impact of the Great Depression on their families. In those days, trains hauled millions of tons of coal.
If, for some reason, they stopped in a community, some folks would actually climb the coal cars and throw some of the coal on the ground for their heating needs.
North Catasauqua Recreation Committee has some fun events planned for this summer at North Catasauqua William J. Albert Memorial Park.
Come on out and enjoy this calendar of events:
• July 12: The Clap concert, 7-10 p.m.
• July 18: Family night, 6:30 p.m.
• Aug. 1: Family night carnival, 6:30 p.m.
• Aug. 14: Wiffle ball championship game, 7 p.m.
• Aug. 17: Caribbean Rhythm concert, 7-9 p.m.
• Sept. 7: Brian Dean Moore Band concert, 7-10 p.m.
All of these events are free.
• Movie: “School of Rock,” 5 p.m., at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St. Information: 610-262-7351
• Game night, 5-7 p.m., at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St. Information: 610-262-7351
• Cement Belt Fair, 6-11 p.m., at Victor Talotta Park, Fornaciari Drive and Dewey Street, Cementon. The event will continue until June 30.
• Good Vibrations Chorus practice, 9:30-11 a.m., at Lehigh Valley Active Life, 1633 W. Elm St., Allentown. Information: 610-437-3700