The Lehigh County Board of Commissioners delayed approval of the Green Future Fund for a third time at its Jan. 9 meeting in the Lehigh County Government Center in Allentown.
Several members of the board, led by Commissioner Michael Schware, said they would approve the bill only after an equal dollar amount of cuts or savings were made elsewhere to pay for the project.
More photos of bingo players Jan. 13 at St. Mary's Church.
· Lake Heritage Foundation (LLHF) public forum – 7 p.m., Lynn Township Municipal Building, 7911 Kings Highway, New Tripoli, to discuss the planning of the Leaser Lake Accessible Recreation Area. Information: George White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-756-3181.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Open to all model railroaders ages 14 and older. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
Lehigh Valley residents may have noticed the clear-cutting of areas under power lines in your neighborhood in recent years. It is quite difficult not to notice these newly cut sections of power line rights-of-way.
Congress passed the Energy Policy Act of 2005, requiring power companies to clear-cut these areas beneath their power lines. This includes the area 10 feet outward on both sides, extending from the outer conductor of the power towers.
This is the first of a two-part series.
Very rarely is Rev. Becky J. Beckwith in an elementary school.
Yet, that is where she found herself on the morning of the shooting in Sandy Hook. The pastor of St. John's United Church of Christ in Fullerton had gone to volunteer for a few hours at the school in Salisbury where her daughter, Jill Williams, works.
There were plenty of winners at St. Mary's Bingo Jan. 13.
Catasauqua Area School District Superintendent Robert Spengler recently met with the CEO of the Medical Academy Charter School (MCAS) Joanna Hughes regarding the district's expectations for the charter school to fulfill certain stipulations.
Spengler reported the results of the meeting to the school board at its Jan. 14 meeting.
The Catasauqua school board approved the medical academy's charter before its opening last year. Now, the academy must prove it has met the requirements outlined in the district's approval.
Hanover Township (Lehigh County) Zoning Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 2202 Grove Road.
The Catasauqua Borough General Government committee meets at 6:30 p.m. in the municipal complex, 118 Bridge St.
· Woman's Club of Catasauqua meeting – noon, Old Country Buffet, 1245 Whitehall Ave Whitehall.
· East Allen Township spring sports sign-ups – 6-7:30 p.m., East Allen Township Municipal Building, 5344 Nor-Bath Blvd. Information: Chuck Frantz at 610-262-7961 or 484-239-2090.
· Civil War Discussion Group – 6:30 p.m., Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Open to the public. Information: Dick Stewart at 610-261-4331.
The St. Andrews Episcopal Church cookie sale was good to the last crumb.