St. Paul's Lutheran hosted a bingo night recently.
Open space, whether reserved for the preservation of land in the future or for development, is an issue small and large governments on a local level deal with when considering the needs of their communities. Although the sluggish economy has placed such issues on the back burner, for Coplay the matter is important and comes down to land closer to the Lehigh River.
The only available open tract of land is the former General Supply property off Bridge Street, just south of the Coplay-...
If your child has a drug addiction, you can never be suspicious enough.
"Whenever you're not suspicious, I think you're deceiving yourself," Bruce Wlazelek told a group of parents recently. "You have to stay vigilant so that you can know when they need help in case they don't ask."
Wlazelek and his wife, Ann, of Upper Macungie Township, spoke at Queenship of Mary Church Nov. 13 as part of a parent support night sponsored by Valley Youth House, Project SUCCESS and Lehigh Valley...
St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Catasauqa, observed three anniversaries at a celebration dinner.
The Northampton Area Historical Society will open the doors of the Siegfried Railroad Station for two weekends for its annual Christmas at the Station.
The event is scheduled for this weekend, Saturday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and Sunday, Dec. 2, from 1-3 p.m. The second weekend will be Saturday, Dec. 8, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and Sunday, Dec. 9, 1- 3 p.m.
The station will be decorated for Christmas. The theme this year is angels and snowmen. Many of these will be collectibles and...
· Lehigh Valley Chapter 1371 of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees monthly meeting – noon, St. Peters Lutheran Church community room, 1933 Hanover Avenue, Allentown. Information: Marie Nader at 610-231-0237.
· Alzheimer's CARE Training – 6 p.m., Home Instead Senior Care Office, 3722 Lehigh St., Suite 408, Whitehall. Information: 610-770-7773 or julie.kish@ homeinstead.com.
· Duplicate Bridge, Invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior...
Catasauqua High School students showed their school spirit at the annual bonfire.
Governor Tom Corbett announced Nov. 9 PennDOT is launching two voluntary programs aimed at saving the lives of Pennsylvanians in emergency situations – the Yellow Dot and Emergency Contact Information programs.
"Both of these programs speak for people when they can't speak for themselves, so medical concerns can be addressed and contacts can be reached as quickly as possible," Corbett said. "When someone is in a crash or they find themselves in an emergency situation, it's critical...
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of criminal mischief brought officers to the 1000 block of Main Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the 400 block of Front Street.
· Police responded to a civil matter in the 400 block of Buttonwood Street.
· Officers assisted an outside agency in the 500 block of Hunter Street.
· Police assisted with a traffic...