Catasauqua Area Showcase Theatre volunteers baked and sold more than 600 apple dumpling in a recent fundraiser. Auditons for the spring production of "Annie" are on tap next for the local theatre group.
Getting an early start as future firefighters at the Northampton Fire Department open house in October, in celebration of Fire Prevention Week Month are, from left, brothers Andrew Strohl, 4, and Alexander Strohl, 3, of Catasauqua; and Mason Dobish,2, of Northampton. The boys enjoyed directing a spray of water from a fire hose at a mock-up of a building, with an assist of two borough volunteer firefighters.
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1235 Main St., will host a basket bingo Saturday, Nov. 10. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., and the games begin at 1 p.m.
The cost of a ticket includes 20 games. Specials will be sold separately.
Refreshments will be available for purchase.
For tickets, call 610-502-1037.
Proceeds benefit the church's building fund.
An event to benefit the Alec Ferullo family will be held Sunday, Nov. 11, 2-8 p.m., at the Gin Mill &...
The Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A call regarding broken windows at a residence brought police to the 400 block of Race Street.
· Police were called to the 400 block of Bridge Street where hinge screws had been removed from a basement door.
· A 911 hang-up brought police to the 300 block of Poplar Street.
· Officers responded to a criminal mischief complaint on 11th Street.
· Police were called about a...
The Sheckler Elementary School Pumpkin Patch sprouted on Oct. 25 for the kindergartners to visit.
Thanks to the Home and School Association for making this possible.
Congratulations to the Sheckler Pumpkin contest winners: Most Colorful, Joelyne Jacob; Prettiest, William Bear; Funniest, Jayden Reed; Scariest, Xavier Razon; Best Animal Theme, Tanner Laudenslager; Most Unusual, Elias Bensing and Best Class Theme, Mr. Conner's second grade class.
Way to go to all...
The Press and Blue Ridge Communications are asking the public to remember those who have given so much.
Blue Ridge invites all to participate in Keystone Soldiers and its Stockings for Soldiers program by sending much needed and requested food and hygiene items and Christmas cards to our men and women spending Christmas away from home.
"We owe today's U.S. service members a debt that can never be repaid," said Julianne Farina, marketing/public relations coordinator for Blue...
· Vietnam Veterans of America meeting – 7 p.m., Banko Family Community Center, 2545 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem. All Vietnam veterans are welcome for membership. Information: Ken Howard 610-428-9911.
· Catasauqua Area Lions meeting – 7 p.m., Jednota Club, Fifth and Grove streets, North Catasauqua. Information: 610-264- 0740.
· Duplicate Bridge, Invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. For players with 0-199...
Despite budget cuts that have hit Catasauqua Area School District hard, Catasauqua High School student organizations still have expectations for an active and successful year.
Among them, the CHS yearbook staff is looking to take their annual publication to the top.
Yearbook advisor and art teacher Barbara Resto and her team of students have collaborated on improvements they would like to make to this coming yearbook.
The traditional name for the yearbook, "Brunalba,"...
For those students who either didn't have their pictures taken or who would like their photos taken again, picture retake day is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 5, from 7:45 to 8:45 a.m.
If you'd like to Give a Pint and Save a Life, then sign up to become a blood donor for the National Honor Society's first blood drive of the school year on Nov. 8.
Penn State Lehigh Valley is hosting a fall application night on Thursday, Nov. 8, beginning at 5:30 p.m....
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A request for information brought police to the 1100 block of Third Street.
· Officers assisted the Coplay Police Department in the unit block of North Fifth Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1200 block of American Street.
· Officers assisted the Coplay Police Department in the unit block of North Second Street.
· A report of a...