North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a suspicious vehicle brought police to Third and Chapel streets.
· Officers responded to a report of a theft on Berk Street.
· Officers assisted a citizen in the 1100 block of Second Street.
· A report of an open door brought police to the 1100 block of Front Street.
· Police were called to the 1100 block of Fifth Street...
Thursday, Jan. 24: Elem.–Turkey and cheese hoagie on whole grain roll, lettuce and tomato, fruit cocktail, assorted fresh fruit, baby carrots, milk. M.S., H.S.–Corn dogs, cole slaw, assorted fresh fruit, French fries, baby carrots, side salad, milk.
Friday, Jan. 25: Elem.–Pizza, red, whole grain; broccoli, sliced peaches, assorted fresh fruit, baby carrots, milk. M.S., H.S.–Spicy chicken sub-whole grain, celery sticks, assorted fresh fruit, steamed corn, baby carrots, side salad, milk...
Hanover Township (Lehigh County) Zoning Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 2202 Grove Road.
The Catasauqua Borough General Government committee meets at 6:30 p.m. in the municipal complex, 118 Bridge St.
Catasauqua Borough Council holds a workshop meeting at 7 p.m. in the municipal complex, 118 Bridge St., beginning with a public hearing to allow for public comment concerning the adoption of an ordinance...
· Lake Heritage Foundation (LLHF) public forum – 7 p.m., Lynn Township Municipal Building, 7911 Kings Highway, New Tripoli, to discuss the planning of the Leaser Lake Accessible Recreation Area. Information: George White at email@example.com or 610-756-3181.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Open to all model...
Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit 21 is offering driver's education theory classes and behind-the-wheel training for qualified high school students.
The goal of the student driver education program is to teach young people to be safe and responsible drivers.
For students who complete both driving theory instruction and behind-the-wheel instruction, CLIU 21 offers the opportunity to complete the Pennsylvania DMV road test during the last lesson.
Students may be eligible for...
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers assisted the Upper Macungie Township Police Department in a narcotics search of a tractor trailer that had been stopped for a violation.
· Police responded to a domestic dispute in the 200 block of East 20th Street.
· A report of change stolen from a vehicle brought officers to the 1200 block of Franklin Street.
· Officers were called to...
To illustrate the toll that cancer takes and how the American Cancer Society and Relay for Life can help, I have asked my friend, Gene, to tell me about being a caregiver for his dad, who passed away battling lung cancer. This is Gene's story:
I'm writing this article on what would have been my father's 72nd birthday. This was my very first experience – up close and personal – with cancer and it has forever changed me on a very fundamental level.
My father was 6 feet 5 inches...
Lehigh Valley Christian High School has had an outstanding start to the new year.
Both students and teachers are working to wrap up the semester and begin the next.
This past week students have been studying and reviewing for midterm exams happening this week.
Along with the busy schedule that midterms bring, a large number of students here at LVCHS are also involved in basketball, winter conditioning, cheerleading and drama. The programs here at LVCHS allow students to...
The Catasauqua American Legion, Post 215, 330 Second St., Catasauqua, will be holding an all-you-can-eat breakfast Sunday, Jan. 27, from 8 a.m. to noon.
On the menu is creamed chip beef on toast, scrambled eggs, toast, home fries, bacon, sausage, American (formerly French) toast, juice, coffee and tea.
For more information, call 610-266-7170.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any information you...
As part of the Barbershop Harmony Society's "Youth in Harmony" program, the Lehigh Valley Harmonizers is hosting its fourth annual Young Singers Quartet Contest. The goal is to give students the unique experience of singing in a barbershop quartet and to offer an opportunity to improve their singing skills through the medium of close harmony a cappella singing. To date, 10 quartets are entered from Freedom, Northern Lehigh and Phillipsburg high schools. The deadline for entries is Jan. 24....