North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A request for information brought police to the 1100 block of Third Street.
· Officers assisted the Coplay Police Department in the unit block of North Fifth Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1200 block of American Street.
· Officers assisted the Coplay Police Department in the unit block of North Second Street.
· A report of a...
St. Paul's Evangelical Church, 417 Howertown Road, will hold a bag and basket bingo Sunday, Nov. 4 at 2 p.m. The doors open at 12:30 p.m.
Bingo prizes awarded will include Longaberger baskets and designer handbags such as Vera Bradlay, Tignanello, Coach, etc. Those planning to attend are asked to bring a donation of a paper product for the Catasauqua Food Bank in exchange for a free raffle ticket for the Chinese auction.
You may purchase tickets in advance at a discount price...
Do you feel you have enough information to make an educated decision on election day?
Local firefighters conducted fire safety programs for students at Sheckler Elementary School.
In the library of Catasauqua Middle School on a Thursday evening, a small yet dedicated group of parents assembles with CMS Principal Melissa Inselmann to discuss the school's focus on providing a fun and educational atmosphere for middle school students.
These parents comprise the Parent Teacher Forum.
The PTF is a nonprofit parent/teacher assemblage of parents, teachers and the principal.
The board, which consists of a president, vice president, secretary and treasurer...
The First Northern Bank and Trust Egypt office will hold a food drive to benefit the North Whitehall Food Pantry through Nov. 16.
Those who bring a donation will be entered to win one of two $25 gift certificates for a turkey.
Donations may be dropped off at 2228 Old Post Road, Coplay (at the Kornfeind shopping center).
For more information, contact Wendy M. Arrasmith at 610-261-0300.
The Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A call regarding broken windows at a residence brought police to the 400 block of Race Street.
· Police were called to the 400 block of Bridge Street where hinge screws had been removed from a basement door.
· A 911 hang-up brought police to the 300 block of Poplar Street.
· Officers responded to a criminal mischief complaint on 11th Street.
· Police were called about a...
Catasauqua Borough Council will hold a workshop meeting at 7 p.m. in the municipal complex, 118 Bridge St.
Catasauqua Borough Council meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal complex, 118 Bridge St.
Hanover Township (Lehigh County) Council meets at 7:30 p.m. in the township building, 2202 Grove Road.
The Lehigh County Commissioners passed an amended version of the county executive's budget at their meeting Oct. 24.
The amendment directed the county executive to reduce county spending on personnel by $5 million, and turned a $6.5 million one-time tax credit into a reduction of the millage rate by a percentage that would decrease county revenue by $5 million.
The remaining $1.5 million will remain as a tax credit.
The vote fell entirely down party lines with...
The Wandering Singers visit St. John's United Church of Christ, Fullerton.