The Northampton Liederkranz, 402 E. Ninth St., will host a breakfast Sunday, Jan. 20, 8 a.m.-noon.
There is a cost.
The Friends of the Northampton Area Public Library will be running a chartered bus trip to the 2013 Philadelphia Flower Show on Friday, March 8.
The bus will depart at 8 a.m. from the Northampton Recreation Center, 1 Lerchenmiller Drive, and will arrive back at approximately 6 p.m.
The cost of a ticket includes transportation and admission...
Fourth-graders delighted an audience of family and friends with a holiday concert.
The Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a domestic call in the 600 block of Bath Avenue.
· A motor vehicle crash brought officers to Race Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 200 block of York Street.
· Police were called to the 900 block of Church Street to investigate a report of loud noise.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 200 block of Prospect Street.
· A report...
Lehigh Carbon Community College is offering a variety of noncredit fitness classes at the main campus, unless noted otherwise.
·Balance and Mobility: 1-2 p.m. Feb. 4-March 11;
·Couch Potato: 7-7:45 p.m. Feb. 7-March 14 and March 21-April 25;
·Hula Hoop: 7-8 p.m. Feb. 11- March 18 and March 24-April 29 at Whitehall-Coplay High School, CEC Room D-102;
·Hypnosis/Natural Weight Loss: 7-9 p.m. March 6-13 at Whitehall High School, Room D-102;
·Piloxing: 6-7 p.m....
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a report of two men fighting in the parking lot at Redner's Quick Shoppe, 75 West 21st Street.
· A report of a tire punctured on a vehicle brought police to the 900 block of Dewey Avenue.
· Police were called to The Gin Mill, 1750 Main St., to investigate a report of an intoxicated man who refused to vacate the premises.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a disturbance brought officers to the 700 block of Seventh Street.
· Police responded to a report of a missing juvenile in the 2200 block of Second Avenue.
· Officers were called to the 400 block of Main Street to investigate a report of suspicious activity.
· A report of a reckless driver brought police to Third Street.
· Police responded...
Coplay Lions Club's popular Super Bowl breakfast is scheduled for Sunday, Feb.3, at the Coplay Saengerbund, Fifth Street and Schreiber Avenue.
The all-you-can-eat event, which brings throngs of families, serves as a principal fundraiser for the club. The club also holds fundraising events for programs for the visually impaired and is otherwise active in the community. Most recently club members refurbished the baseball dugouts for the Coplay American Legion baseball program at Sammy...
Fundraisers abound for childhood cancer patients, teenagers who have been in car accidents and parents awaiting life-saving organ transplants.
And it is not just monetary donations that are offered. Babysitting services, home-cooked meals or transportation to doctors' appointments are other ways people pitch in to ease the burden and create a support system for the ill person and their family.
Friends and relatives may initiate the outreach, but it is also very common for...
The Crime Victims Council of Lehigh Valley Inc. will offer a new support counseling group beginning Wednesday, Jan. 23, for women 18 years of age and over, who have been sexually assaulted or sexually abused.
The group will meet from 5:30 to 7 p.m. for 10 weekly sessions at the Crime Victims Council's Allentown office, located at 801 Hamilton St.
Topics of discussion will include the emotional aftermath, coping skills and relationship issues.
The support group is...
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 1100 block of Fourth Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1200 block of Third Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the 700 block of Front Street.
· A report of an animal at large brought police to the 1400 block of Howertown Road.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 100 block of...