Lehigh County District Attorney James B. Martin announced March 19 no charges will be filed in connection with an Oct. 26, 2012, fatal accident involving a vehicle and a 14-year-old pedestrian.
Upper Macungie Township police have cited the driver, however, Martin said March 20.
"After a thorough investigation by police from the Berks-Lehigh Regional Police Department, now the Upper Macungie Township Police Department, and the District Attorney's Office, I determined that there...
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to the theft of scrap aluminum window frames in the 2000 block of Laubach Avenue.
Police were called to the 100 block of West 17th Street to investigate a report of the rear door of the residence broken and entry made into the home.
· A domestic call brought officers to the 1600 block of Railroad Street.
· A report of a disturbance...
Hanover Township (Lehigh County) Zoning Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 2202 Grove Road.
Catasauqua Borough Council meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal complex, 118 Bridge St.
Catasauqua Area School Board workshop meeting at 7 p.m. in the administration office board room at 251 N. 14th Street.
Hanover Township (Lehigh County) Council meets at 7:30 p.m. in the township...
The Catasauqua Thrift Shop, 113 Bridge St., will have a half-price sale Monday, April 1, to Saturday, April 13.
The sale includes everything in the store unless it is marked otherwise. The shop will close for housecleaning and changeover to spring and summer clothing the week of April 16.
Proceeds from the thrift shop are returned to the Catasauqua community through contributions that support youth and adult programs and services. Donations of good used clean clothing are...
· Northampton Area High School Drama Club family storytime – 6 p.m., Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Information: 610-262-7537.
· Coplay Garden Club meeting – 7 p.m., St. John's Lutheran Church, South Third Street. Information: 610-261-1243.
· Explorer Post 101 meeting – Coplay municipal building, 98 S. Fourth St. Information: Jake at 610-465-2598.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m. Coplay...
The Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology reminds Pennsylvania residents a baseline eye disease screening at age 40 is critical to preserving healthy vision.
Early signs of eye disease and changes in vision may start to occur around age 40, and even those with perfect vision should be screened at that time.
People with eye disease symptoms or risk factors should also be screened.
By 2020, an estimated 43 million Americans will face significant vision loss or blindness...
NORTHAMPTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Local residents graduate
Northampton Community College held a commencement ceremony Jan. 26 for over 900 students who completed associates degrees, specialized diplomas and certificates during the past six months. The following students from the area received degrees.
Bath: Enrico Danise, associate in applied science; Michael Dominguez, associate in applied science; Ivana Fox, associate in applied science; Ashley Longenbach, associate in...
Catasauqua High School honor roll students were recognized at a reception.
Officers assisted EMS in the 400 block of Front Street.
· A report of a suspicious person brought police to the 300 block of Walnut Street.
· Police were called to the 800 block of Walnut Street to investigate a report of a disturbance.
· Officers responded to a report of a suspicious activity in the 600 block of South 14th Street.
· A motor vehicle crash brought police to the unit block of West Race Street.
ST. PAUL'S ANGLICAN CHURCH
25th & Livingston Streets
Allentown, 18104 - 610-435-0712
8:40 a.m. Morning Prayer
9 a.m. Holy Communion
'28 Book of Common Prayer
9 a.m. Church School
Wed., 10 a.m. Healing Service
Rev. Joseph S. Falzone
ASSEMBLY OF GOD
ASSEMBLY OF GOD
3449 Cherryville Road
Northampton - 610-262-5645