Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a report of a vehicle keyed in the 1700 block of Washington Avenue.
· A report of a possible attempted burglary brought officers to the 500 block of Washington Avenue.
· Police were called to Redner's Warehouse Markets, 101 Held Drive, to investigate a report of shots fired.
· A report of a hit-and-run motor vehicle crash brought police to the 1800...
Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 4400 block of Main Street.
· A report of a suspicious vehicle brought police to the 3300 block of South Front Street.
· Officers responded to a report of an unwanted person in the 1000 block of Fairmont Avenue.
· A report of a BB shot through a window brought police to the 400 block of Mickley Road.
· Officers were called to Suncrest Circle to...
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Bingo – Doors open 5:30 p.m. Games start at 7 p.m., Petersville Rod and Gun Club, 550 Club Road, Moore Township. Information: 610-261-2210.
· Duplicate bridge, invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. For players with 0-199 master points....
Mr. Michael Easton was born in the "City of Steel," Gary, Ind. He graduated from Hobart High School. The students there are called "Brickies," named after the brickyards in the area.
He recalled, "Most of my classmates were members of the R.O.T.C. which was taught by World War II veterans. It was a program where strict discipline was the rule."
After working with his father who was an expert mason, he was hired by the U.S. Steel Corp. at the Gary plant as a boilermaker. At...
Lehigh County Commissioners meet at 7:30 p.m. in the public hearing room of the Lehigh County Government Center, 17 S. Seventh St., Allentown.
Catasauqua Borough Council meets for a workshop at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 118 Bridge St.
The Globosits family welcomed a new family member July 11.
The newcomer is Züker, a 4-month-old chocolate Labrador retriever, who is capable of saving the life of one his new people.
A diabetic alert dog, Züker will give warnings when Matthew Globosits' blood sugar is at an unhealthy level.
Dogs have an extremely keen sense of smell, and their noses can pick up a huge variety of scents that we cannot detect, said Erin Gray, Züker's trainer. One of these scents is blood...
The American Red Cross Northeast PA Region offers these water safety tips for the summer.
Besides taking age-appropriate swimming lessons, there are important tips to follow to ensure safety while having fun in and around the water.
Swim in designated areas supervised by lifeguards; always swim with a buddy; ensure everyone in your family can swim well; never leave a young child unattended near water and do not trust a child's life to another child; young children and...
A homestyle bicycle tour has been set for the 2013 Valley Preferred Wheels for Hope event to raise funds for the fight against children's cancer.
The tour will take place Saturday, Sept. 14, starting and finishing at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Trexlertown.
Cyclists are invited to join this second annual tour to benefit Angel34 Foundation and the Children's Hospital at the Lehigh Valley Hospital's hematology and/oncology department. Riders can choose from two scenic...
From left, Catasauqua Middle School students Carter Weinhofer, Brandon Adams, Katie Berenna and Kyle Zimpfer were recognized as the May STAR students of the month in June at the middle school.
An article I read recently concerning the Food and Drug Administration's new limits on arsenic in apple juice has only confirmed my belief we should pay closer attention to where our food and drinks originate.
According to the article published July 12 on Foxnews.com, the FDA is changing the amount of arsenic allowed after more than a year of public pressure from consumer groups worried about the contaminant's effect on children.
In an FDA news release published the same day,...