Coplay Police responded Saturday to a report of a hit-and-run crash involving three vehicles in the unit block of North Third Street.
Although the driver left the area, police said officers found the vehicle in question, a red 2003 Oldsmobile, parked at Third and Center streets, two blocks from the accident.
Janadene Valo, 38, of North Third Street, Whitehall, was identified as the driver and taken into custody, police said.
Valo will be cited with DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.
Police respond to noise complaint
Man found dead
State police are investigating the death of Michael J. Lagoey, 68, of 1502 Fifth St., Bethlehem.
According to the Lehigh County Coroner's Office, Lagoey was found dead April 3 at 12:34 p.m. at the Scottish Inn, 1701 Catasauqua Road, Hanover Township, Lehigh County.
Police have ruled the manner of death as suicide.
Harassment charges filed
A verbal dispute that turned into a physical altercation brought state police to the 100 block of Bentwood Circle, Greenbriar MHP, East Allen Township, Northampton County.
Whitehall Township Police Department's K-9 unit now has oxygen breathing kits for its police dogs, Nitro and Onyx. Officers Jeff Coleman and Richard Garner, who serve as handlers, are occasionally dispatched to burning buildings or structures with hazardous materials and illegal substances. During a brief ceremony April 5, Lehigh Valley CART (County Animal Response Team) presented the special oxygen apparatus and kits to the township police department. From left are CART Rescue Captain Trisha Burkhardt, Lt.
A Whitehall man died following a Monday night crash in Coplay.
Jeffrey Schwartz, 41, of 5045 Foxdale Drive , was pronounced dead at 12:31 a.m. April 2 at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Cedar Crest Campus today, according to the Lehigh County Coroner's office.
The coroner ruled the cause of death to be blunt force trauma.
"Based on the investigation conducted by our office the manner of death has been ruled suicide," says a news release from the coroner's office.
A residence the 2000 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, Hanover Township, Lehigh County, was recently burglarized.
Police said someone gained entry to the residence between Jan. 19 and 20 through the back door and attempted to open the door by breaking a window pane. The suspect subsequently forced the locked rear door open.
Jewelry, a safe and $80 were stolen, police said.
Police were called Feb. 9 to investigate a report of terroristic threats in the 7400 block of Tanglewood Road, East Allen Township.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of fraud brought police to the unit block of Union Street.
· Officers responded to a suspicious person in the 100 block of Race Street.
· A report of a suspicious vehicle brought police to the 200 block of Lehigh Street.
· Officers were called to the 400 block of Milton Street to investigate a report of a dispute among juveniles.
· Police responded to a report of a theft from a vehicle in the 600 block of South 14th Street.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a street light out brought police to Berk and Locust streets.
· Officers responded to a domestic call in the 1000 block of Fifth Street.
· A motor vehicle crash brought police to Fourth and Liberty streets.
· Police responded to a report of harassment in the 1000 block of Howertown Road.
· A report of a suspicious vehicle brought officers to the 1100 block of Front Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 300 block of Grove Street.
Coplay Police were called March 23 to the unit block of North Fourth Street for a criminal mischief complaint.
Upon arrival, police saw eggs had been thrown on a vehicle. The car had also been spray painted and the left front tire was flat, police said.
Police said the damage had been done during the overnight hours.
Police are investigating.
While on patrol shortly after midnight on March 23, Coplay Police observed a white vehicle traveling east in the 1100 block of Chestnut Street at a high rate of speed.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of an open door and window brought police to the Whitehall Mennonite Church, 4138 Wilston St.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 900 block of West Union Street.
· Police responded to a suspicious activity in the 900 block of Mickley Road.
· Officers were called to Redner's Market, 2180 MacArthur Road, to investigate a retail theft.
· A motor vehicle crash brought police to Mickley Road.
· An alarm brought officers to the 700 block of Fourth Street.